Heart Health Supplement
Heart Essentials is a unique formulation of l-arginine, l-citrulline, vitamins and minerals to support the heart and circulatory system.
L-arginine is a type of amino acid, which are the building blocks of protein. We can get amino acids from our diet, as they can be found in eggs, nuts, seeds, meats, poultry and dairy foods. This is an important amino acid, as it supports many critical bodily functions. When consumed, L-arginine is converted into nitric oxide which has many positive effects on our bodies. The most important impact is on blood pressure and circulation. Nitric oxide prevents blood clots and plaque buildup in the arteries, and causes our blood vessels to relax and dilate, enabling better blood flow and lower blood pressure. Improved blood circulation also means greater flexibility and reduced joint pain.
L-arginine also fights inflammation and free radicals, which are known to be a major source of disease. And it supports immunity, suppresses infection and speeds up healing. Additionally, L-arginine is used to enhance libido treat sexual dysfunction in men.
High levels of L-arginine may be prescribed by Doctors for patients with heart conditions, migraines, infections, or patients suffering from side effects of diabetes, cancer or HIV.
The bad news is that we produce less and less L-arginine as we get older. As we age, the naturally occurring nitric oxide in our body depletes by up to 85%. We can replenish it by eating a healthy balanced diet, high in L-arginine-rich foods – or use high-quality supplements to fill the gap. The daily dosage recommended can vary depending on whether you are taking L-arginine to prevent conditions (1 gram daily or more), or to treat an existing condition (up to 6 grams daily). Our L-arginine based Heart Essentials supplement includes a dosage of 5 grams of L-arginine, which is entirely safe.
Heart Essentials also contains:
- L-citrulline – another amino acid that, via a complex process, converts to nitric oxide in the body.
- Vitamin C – contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin D – the ‘sunshine vitamin’. Helps the body absorb calcium for bone health. Vital to many complex functions within the body
- Vitamin B6 – metabolises protein and glucose during exercise. Also contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism and normal red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B12 – helps convert carbohydrates, proteins, fats and iron into food. Involved in red blood cell production. Also contributes to the normal immune system.
- Vitamin K2 – Contributes to normal blood clotting
- Folic acid – Contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism. Also contributes to normal blood formation
- Thiamine – Contributes to the normal function of the heart
Directions for use
Heart Essentials has a pleasant berry flavour. Mix one 10g serving with 240ml of water (according to taste) or your favourite juice and stir to dissolve, or add to your favourite breakfast cereal, yoghurt or smoothie. Scoop measure is provided in the tub.